Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Shaving Foam Hearts

Oh so pretty are these marbleized hearts that come from using shaving foam.  My 3.5 year old has played with shaving foam before and I can't say that it was her favorite craft mostly because I don't think she is completely comfortable with the way the foam feels??!!  However, I absolutely LOVE the way the foam looks once it's dried so I encouraged Tiffany to try again and try again she did.

Do ya see what I mean?  The "hmmmmm" face of what do I do with this now??  

Once you lay the paper flat down in the shaving foam and than lift off this is what you get.  

Once you wipe off the excess shaving foam this is what you get.  It's actually this part in the process that I love the most.  When wiping off the excess shaving foam you get the marbling effect.  I think using a paper towel like we did to wipe it off allows you to make more swirls!

We cut out some hearts, attached to fishing wire and displayed these beauties.

Close-up shot.  They are just so pretty!


Ok, so here's what you need to make some of your own:
1. Shaving foam
2. Baking sheet or large flat dish
3. Spray a bit of shaving foam into sheet/dish
4. Add a few drops of food coloring to the foam
5. Swirl the food coloring around in the foam with a straw, toothpick or q-tip.
6. Take a piece of card stock and lay the paper flat down in the sheet/dish.  Press paper down than carefully lift off.
7. Wipe off excess shaving foam.  We used paper towels but you could use a piece of cardboard or even another piece of paper
8. Let dry
9. Cut out or decorate with whatever theme you are going after.  
10. Have fun!!







No comments:

Post a Comment