Friday, May 16, 2014

Patriotic Craft


As I type this we leave for Disney World in just a few hours.  I have been packing us up for what seems like an eternity!!  At about yesterday afternoon I needed to do something other than pack and plan for our trip. Although, extremely excited about our vacation I desperately needed a distraction.  What to do?  A craft, of course!

 I needed to do something without alot of prep and time.  So, with the upcoming Memorial day holiday I thought we would do a patriotic craft.  Here are the supplies needed for this craft:

Star shape cookie cutter (or freehand)
Red, white and blue construction paper
Glue
Scissors
Glitter
Popsicle/craft sticks
Yarn or clothespins

The first thing to do is glue your craft sticks together to make a square.  After cutting out your star shapes simply have your child glue them around the frame of the craft sticks.  I love how my daughter was so particular with the glue spots on her stars!  Great fine motor activity!!


To make this more of a learning craft you could have your child make a pattern with their stars.  We did not even though Tiffany enjoys her patterns!


Take your white paper, we used cardstock, and glue to the back of the craft sticks.  I used a glue stick to write the letters U S A  on the cardstock and Tiffany shook glitter over the letters.  The very last thing to do before displaying your USA sign is to either use yarn to hang or in our case I used some cute baby clothespins.  I picked them up after Valentines day when Target had their Valentines items on clearance.  I thought the red glitter clothespins were perfect for this patriotic craft!


As an alternative in place of putting the letters USA you could turn this craft into a photo frame and put a photo of a loved one who served in our armed forces.  In honor of Memorial day that would be a sweet way to remember a loved one.

However you may choose to use this craft it was exactly what I had hoped for quick, easy and fun!  If you try it I hope you'll share with me on my facebook page

Susen

7 comments:

  1. Have fun at Disney! So envy of you!
    Love this craft! They look great! Thanks for linking with us #Pintutorials

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an amazing trip! This is a great craft. I think I will try it with my kids tomorrow.


    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Thank you so much for sharing at Every Star is Different. Hope to see you stop back next week!

    ReplyDelete