Sunday, May 31, 2015

Organize Stuffed Animals


My daughter LOVES her stuffed animals!  But we have a standing rule, if a new stuffed animal comes in, one goes out.

Admittedly, we have way too many stuffed animals and I am always looking for new ways to organize them.  For awhile we were using this stuffed animal chair, kind of like a bean bag chair but stuffed with furry friends instead! Sadly, the chair ripped and so we were in the need of something else.  We still use a large Thirty One tote and a cute little frog both of which are still holding up, thankfully!

Since I don't want to use up any more floor space our latest stuffed animal organizer goes vertical.... an over the door shoe organizer! Just browse Pinterest and tons and tons of ideas will come up on how to organize with them. We also use one on the back of our coat closet which is in our kitchen and holds all kinds of things!

For the stuffed animals I bought a clear shoe organizer and it's definitely the way to go because your child can easily see which animals are in each pocket.  My son has one too but the pockets are not clear and not as easy to see.


I hope this simple idea helps with organizing your child's stuffed animal friends!


10 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing with the Frugal Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so simple and yet so easy! I wish I had thought of this earlier. If only they made pockets big enough for large stuff animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Susen! I use shoe organizers for small games, card sets and puzzles but never thought to use them for the MANY stuffed creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abi! I also have one that I use for kitchen stuff in our coat closet which if I didn't have it I wouldn't know where to put all the stuff!! Thanks for stopping by, Abi!

      Delete
  4. That's a cute way to store toys! Better than throwing them all in a cupboard which is what our current system is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has worked great for us and I love that we don't have to take up more floor space!!

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for stuffed animals! I always dread stuffed animals...only so many fit on their beds and the rest are thrown into a basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with ya that's why when I seen this I had to try!!

      Delete